Monday, August 6, 2012

Breaking the Norm: Try being Normal for a change.

Box 115A.  Natural Lighter Golden Brown.  That's my style, and I'm stickin' to it.  At least until I forget which one I used in 8 weeks, after my roots have shown through more than most would appreciate, and I finally bite the bullet and pay the $7.96 again to buy another box.  Hey, I wasn't always this cheap.  I upgraded from the last 10 years of Colorsilk's $3.94 because, I'm pretty sure, Nice'n Easy is the ticket to natural youthfulness. 

Last year's Walmart special, $3.88 tank tops, in loads of colors, are still on my play list this summer.  I regularly sport these tops at least 5 days a week on my down time.  

In the last month, I did splurge on jewelry from one of those home parties.  To upgrade my selection some, but mostly because I felt obligated by just walking through the door.  Not to mention I bought a couple of new tops from...TARGET...my favorite store ever, to the tune of $45.00 for both last night.  First additions to my wardrobe in, oh, probably 9 months.

In all honesty, I can't say the last time I purchased "new" clothing for my daughter.  I regularly shop the thrift racks, second hand stores and clearance items any chance I get.  Not to mention, purchase a year ahead in preparation when those puppies go on sale at the end of the season.

In case you couldn't tell, I may be one of the most plain Jane, single 30 year old moms out there.
So, to all of you 'others' not in my category, how the heck do you do it?!  I mean, I see highlights and low lights, belts and heals to match your wardrobe perfectly, make-up galore, IPhones and nails.  If it's that easy, help a girl out!!  My guess is, if you're not rich, either your credit card is hurting, or your lean-to spouse or parent is.

Here's the kicker...I don't do as much as you do, and still get all the attention.  My box colored reddish-brown locks get compliments regularly, from both men and women.  My 150lb, uncared for frame in Walmart and Target tops also get some attention.  But most importantly, what I've realized, is most men and women of any size, shape or nature, appreciate a confident individual with realistic values, and sense.  AND ARE ATTRACTED TO IT! 

And what's more, if you really let it go and don't focus on your physical flaws as much, either will anyone else.  Train your mind to allow yourself to be you, despite all the critics out there.  You're the biggest critic of your own self.  If you're truly unhappy with you, than fix it.  Otherwise, live it as it is.

So here's to you, Ms. Nice'n Easy on Box 115A.  Yeah, you're all paint-brushed, good looking and whatnot, but this 'little hot girl with an obvious strength of greatness', as I was called the other day (from someone not so bad himself), have got some livin' to do.




1 comment: